ONE lucky Brit has made history by winning the biggest ever £169m EuroMillions jackpot after matching all five winning numbers.
The website crashed earlier this evening as punters flooded the page, desperately buying tickets before the deadline.
The winning numbers were 07 10 15 44 49 with Lucky Stars 03 and 12.
This win beats record holders for the biggest ever lottery win are Colin and Chris Weir, from Largs in North Ayrshire, Scotland, who won £161 million in 2011.
National Lottery operator Camelot said there have been four UK jackpot winners in 2019, receiving £350 million between them.
The world’s five biggest lottery wins
- £1.308 billion (Powerball) on January 13 2016 in the US, for which three winning tickets were sold, remains history’s biggest lottery prize
- £1.267 billion (Mega Million) a winner from South Carolina took their time to come forward to claim their prize in March 2019 not long before the April deadline
- £633.76 million (Powerball draw) from a winner from Wisconsin
- £625.76 million (Powerball) Mavis L. Wanczyk of Chicopee, Massachusetts claimed the jackpot in August 2017
- £575.53 million (Powerball) A lucky pair of winners scooped the jackpot in Iowa and New York in October 2018
Euromillions.com reports “A EuroMillions player in the UK has pocketed £169 million after matching all the winning numbers on Tuesday 8th October.”
We are awaiting a statement from Camelot officially reporting the news.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.